So pretty recently the TV show Skins that came out recently on MTV got canceled. Admit it, you've stumbled upon at least one promo trailer online or on TV and were bummed that it wasn't that good.
I'm here to tell you two things:
1) Quit watching the American rip off version of Skins and look up the original (and may I add much better) British Skins.
2) How to replicate Effy's (Tony's sister) look.
Below here's more of 2 than 1, but I strongly recommend step 1 first!
Kaya Scodelario, who is also friends with Emma Watson, plays Effy Stonem on Skins. Unlike in the US, Skins was/is still popular in the UK. (Don't ask me why, but I think it has something to do with its addicting theme song!) Skins has a rather shocking element to it, so if you're easily put off by things like that, I wouldn't recommend it.
Effy (and Kaya) has a pretty cool (and sometimes bizzarre) sense of style. If you love black, gray, and white, Effy's look might be for you.
Anyways here's the step by step of how to look like Effy.
1) A staples in Effy's closet are black, black, and sparkly black. Go nuts with the black and throw in the occasional gray and/or a printed t-shirt.
2) Effy seems to go for flowy, yet skimpy shirts. Go for it if you want to, but if you're a bit uncomfortable with that, I'd go for massive layering.
3) Remember to pile on the accessories! Effy isn't the type to shy away from overdoing it. Think the more the merrier! Try mixing different metals.
4) Don't worry if you're looking a bit goth by now. If you are, then you're on the right track. For the brave at heart: Try black fishnet stockings under dark shorts with any type of combat boots.
5) In terms of makeup, Effy piles on eye makeup, but goes simple for everything else. Use a shiny gray eyeshadow, such as Isadora Eye Focus Single Eye Shadow in 54 Smokey Sliver. Use black (for brunettes and other dark haired girls) or gray (for lighter haired girls or if you don't want to make your eyes appear too dark). If you don't have anything that could work, try Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero (a blacker than black) or Gunmetal (a shiny gray). A waterproof mascara, such as Urban Decay's Big Fatty (don't you just love the name?) in Black, would look great. Finish with a glossy lip balm such as Rosebud Perfume Co.'s Rosebud Salve Tube. (It smells as great as it looks!)
6) Mess up your hair a bit and you're done!
Cheers to black–the best color to go with everything! (Gray and white in my opinion coming in tied for second!)